About Boronia West Primary School
Boronia West is a place where we develop values, attitudes, knowledge and skills enabling students to become lifelong learners, embracing their futures as optimistic, contributing members of their local and global communities.
Our School Motto: “Growing Through Learning”
Our school provides:
- Genuine community feeling that encourages lifelong learners in a supportive, safe and happy environment
- A climate of respect for others, recognition, responsibility, reliability, resourcefulness and responsible risk taking
- An environment where students, parents and staff choose to be because they are valued and encouraged to do their best
- Innovative, excellent, challenging programs across the curriculum
- A learning community where individual needs are recognised and supported in order to maximise each person’s full potential
- Well-resourced classrooms, including substantial IT resources
- Large active and passive playground areas
- Attractive and interesting play equipment, marked games courts, shade sails and treed areas
The following core values reflect the beliefs we have about how students learn and how we relate to each other in our community in a positive and supportive manner.
- Achievement - We pursue excellence and display pride and satisfaction in our individual and group achievements and endeavours.
- Respect – We have high regard for self, others and property and accept differences.
- Responsibility – We are accountable for our actions, words and attitudes and commit to contributing positively to our school community.
- Integrity – We will act honestly, ethically and consistently.
- Optimism – We will have appositive outlook and will nurture and encourage self-confidence, self-respect and self-management.
- Connectedness – We will cultivate a sense of collective belonging through friendship, care, compassion, cooperation ad genuine acceptance.
- Resilience – We will encourage the ability to bounce back and cope maturely with stressful and challenging situations.